If you make your core values who you wish you were, not who you are people will:
1. Be disappointed when they spend any amount of time working with you or for you.
2. Call your bluff! You are only fooling yourself because everyone sees what you really are. Actions speak louder than words.
3. Never trust you again. Truth builds trust. If your org or business isn’t honest with itself it won’t be honest with the people it serves.
Here is some advice.
1. Be uniquely you.
2. Tell YOUR better story
3. Don’t apologize for your unique nature.
4. Be okay with looking different.
This process takes time, but if the core values you say don’t match the story you are living, you are killing the value of your brand.